I was asked once how old are people when they are walking out their heart, their child-God heart, the ABBA heart that He gives and remakes us in His kingdom. The answer surprised me: twelve years old.
I wonder if heaven when we get there we are given a perfect twelve year old body. I wonder if heaven is a perfect place for twelve year old children/youth. I just wonder.
I also know that children take a picture of their father at the age of about eight years old and they live with this image of God pasted upon their soul. If their father was absent they feel that have to chase and find God. If their father was abusive they identify God with the God of the Old Testament. If their father was sexually perverted they find it very difficult to trust God. Most are able to overcome this wound by faith. Their heart faith overcomes the soul picture of God.
If a child has a great father at the age of about eight, then they naturally trust God. There are things that they do not wrestle with. If the father was good then bad this greatly damages the child's image of God and they will always hold their heart close to themselves.
Just some thoughts.
Wednesday, March 6, 2013
I heard Camille Roberts teach the staff at Concord one day.
I can do what you ask me to do. However, you must choose two of the following. Do not ask me for all three, I cannot. But I can do two and I need you to choose.
I can do it good and fast but it will probably not be cheap.
I can do it good and cheap but it will probably not be fast.
I can do it fast and cheap but it will probably not be good.
I see all types of people in my profession. I see the potential that most have for greatness. But very, very few will achieve it. I have cried out to God for myself and others and have learned about what God expects of me to do to be able to walk out what He has designed me for.
We are all created by a great God. In and out of His own being He purposes us toward His perfect will. He delights in our design and prepares us to fulfill the greatness He has purposed for us. There are several factors that can limit our experience of that greatness and the fruit there of. Some are of us and others are forced upon us. I have discerned from the heart of God that there are three key disciplines we must master to stay in the grace that God has purposed for us.
- 1. The discipline of Prayer.
- 2. The discipline of Focus.
- 3. The discipline of One.
I have seen men and women begin to fulfill their destiny of greatness only to be sidetracked by one of the above disciplines. It is my heart concern that you would understand what you must learn and practice in your life to fulfill all that God has for your life.
The Discipline of Prayer.
- a. Intimate communion with God. Unlimited and unconditional access.
- b. Vision Praying. Hearing the heart aches of God and knowing His character so well you guide His hands with your heart.
- c. Learning how the heart prays.
The Discipline of Focus.
- a. Raw, instant, obedience to the Word of God and Spirit of God.
- b. Walking out YADA, quiet, still, rest, listening, reflecting.
- c. Ruthless, consistently, mechanically faithful to design and desire of God.
The Discipline of One.
- a. One with heart of God, order and then release of the joy in overflow.
- b. One with the heart of spouse, children and family, order, and then release the joy in overflow.
- c. One with Mentors, Peers and Disciples, order and then release the joy in overflow.