Friday, June 21, 2013

God's Rights

Andrew, my oldest, was telling me about mirrors. The car mirrors are to tell where the other cars are. But some people have their mirrors adjusted so that they can see how other people see them. I remember our daughter taking a thousand pictures of herself so that she could see what she would look like from any angle.

God says, "Before I formed you in your mother's womb, I knew you." Jeremiah 1:5

He says, "I know who you are. Your parents do not know who you are. They may grow to learn you but only I know who you are. I reserve that right to be the only one who truly knows you."

I knew you before you became material. I knew you heart to heart before I placed you in the vehicle you walk around in now. I knew you before you were tall or short, young or old, white or black. I knew you before you were your mother's child or your father's offspring. I know you. They may know about you but I know you.

PS. You don't know you unless I tell you. So get to know ME to get to know YOU.

One mirror. What do You see God, when You look at me? Let me forget everything else and only KNOW that.

1 comment:

  1. This is crazy, I awakened from sleep at 5:00AM and wrote a poem about this Friday morning after learning about this on Thursday. crazy. From the same scripture

    ReplyDelete