Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Quiet

There are times I hate being quiet. I gotta say something. So I spew and end up having to eat my words. When I had cancer in 2007 God gave me a word through a Bible study. Let faith speak first and let faith speak last. I learned to be quiet and listen. If you are loud, you can't hear. I was very, very interested in the FACTS of my situation but God reserved the right to determine the TRUTH of my situation. God decided to let me years roll on,...for now.

Psalm 4:4
Tremble, and do not sin; meditate in your heart upon your bed, and be still. Selah. Offer the sacrifices of righteousness, and trust in the LORD. New American Standard Bible (NASB)
Copyright © 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 by
The Lockman Foundation

The way to stay right when its tight is to be quiet in the night.
Sorry. It just came out. But I dare you to memorize it, you are going to need it.

The tree longs to be by the sea but finds itself on the edge of a desert. The word is that the desert is moving toward the tree. Yet he stands still and waits and trusts, keeping his eyes on the skies, not looking for the rain but the God of the rain. He senses in his heart God's delight in his waiting and when the work of faith has had its way in his heart, mind and life, it will begin to rain, again. He smiles at the younger trees who fret at the approaching desert that demands their attention with its all consuming heat and wind. The tree does not mock the power of the desert for there is damage in his trunk and branches. Its power is real and present; yet there is One greater. There, in HIS care, I shall rest, says the tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment